(we'll be adding more how to stuff soon)
SENDING PICS AND VIDEOS BY MOBILE PHONE (UPDATE)
The ability to send pics and videos to your page is critical to RACE N RIDE. Recently, we had some awesome pics and videos posted within seconds from No Problem Raceway. This is how our members can get to see the action soon after it happens. Please read below.
- When RACE N RIDE did a little tech thing called "Domain Mapping" it changed the web address process for sending pics and video with your mobile phone.
- We are utilizing a third party application to temporarily resolve the problem.
- If you are having trouble posting pics and videos to RACE N RIDE, please read:
- Sign in and go to your "MY PAGE" tab
- On the right side under your profile name (ex, John Doe), you'll see a symbol with the words "Settings" next to it; click on "Settings"
- Scroll down until you see the heading "MOBILE UPLOADS"; under the line "Add By Phone" is an email address
- Write down the given email address and add the word "ning" per the 3rd party app.
- This should now allow you to send pics and videos by your cell phone. Just enter the email address into your contact list and send to that address. We hope to have this resolved soon.
- NOTE: if you click on the word (Refresh) next to the given email address, you will get a new address in case someone hijacks your email address and sends "unapproved" images. The old address will no longer work. Follow the instructions for adding "ning" as specified above.
- PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com with any continuing problems
CUSTOMIZE YOUR "MY PAGE" LAYOUT
- When you are on your "MY PAGE" screen, you can move the mouse/ cursor over the various title bars of the features on your page "LATEST ACTIVITY", "TEXT BOX", etc
- The mouse/cursor will appear as crossed arrows and when you left click and hold the mouse button, you can drag the feature almost anywhere on your page.
- Once you have it positioned where you want it, release the left mouse button and it will drop in place
- RACE N RIDE asks that all our members do this with their "TEXT BOX" feature.
- following the instructions, move the "TEXT BOX" near the top of your page and drop it
- then click on "EDIT" to the right of "TEXT BOX" This will open the edit feature and you can replace "TEXT BOX" with your own title in the small box
- then click inside the larger box to add text and pictures by using the tool bar with the images above where you can type
- RACE N RIDE WOULD LIKE ALL MEMBERS TO DO THIS SO THEY CAN TELL US WHAT YOU RACE, RIDE, AND ROLL. The members want to know what kind of motor you have, how is it built, when did you do the build, and so on...
- any questions, send us an email
- Go to “PHOTOS” and near the upper right next to your member name, click “Add”
- Click the “Add Photos” icon in the middle of the picture box
- Search your computer for a pic (pic type .jpg, .gif or .png)
- The pic name will appear in the list and you can either “upload” or “+Add More”
- Once the pic loads, you can change the title, add a description, rotate the pic or even create or choose an existing album for the pic
- Click “save” in the lower left corner to save the pic
- You can also link to your uploaded file by clicking on “photos” on the left side under your profile pic
- The “Quick Add…” feature on the right side of the screen under your profile name can be used to load pics. Click on the feature and when it drops down, click on “photos”
- Find more info at UPLOAD PHOTOS FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Go to “VIDEOS” and near the upper right next to your member name, click “Add”
- Click the “Add Videos” icon in the middle of the picture box
- Search your computer for a video (video types: .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .3gp, and .3g2 file formats.)
- The video name will appear in the list and you can either “upload” or “+Add More”
- Once the video loads, you can change the title, add a description, as well as other features
- Click “save” in the lower left corner to save the video
- You can also link to your uploaded file by clicking on “videos” on the left side under your profile pic
- The “Quick Add…” feature on the right side of the screen under your profile name can be used to load videos. Click on the feature and when it drops down, click on “videos”
UPLOAD VIDEOS from YouTube, Hulu or Vimeo
You can add videos to your website from other services including YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo and others by embedding them. From the "Add Videos" page, scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the section that says "Add videos from YouTube, Hulu or Vimeo". Click any of the three logos or click the "…or embed videos from other services" link.
Next, copy the HTML embed code (link) from the YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo or other video sharing service that you'd like to add to your social network, and paste it into the box. Finally, click the "Add Video" button.
If you have problems loading, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message to Kory or Mike.